Saturday, August 29, 2009

Look Who's in First Grade!




It occurred to me that this has been a milestone year for our family.  Blake and I celebrated our 10th anniversary a couple of weeks ago, and last week we sent Hallie off to first grade!  She's loving it, and, frankly, Lizzie is too.  She thinks the world of her big sister, but is definitely enjoying her alone time.  I'm finding that with just one little one home during the day, my house is more orderly than it's been in months.  We're excited to see Hallie (or Honey, as Lizzie refers to her) at the end of the day when the bus brings her home.

Before school started, Hallie wanted to have her second annual Watermelon Party, a celebration of the end of a great summer.  We had fourteen little girls here.  Fun was had by all!

 

1 comment:

  1. Hallie and Lizzie look so cute! First grade, that IS a milestone for you and for Hallie. I think that was my favorite grade in elementary. My teacher was sooo nice...she made me feel like I was the coolest. It was great seein' you guys at Tony's Homecoming (ps we love the sunglasses at church look for Lizzie!). If we hadn't had to rush back to our ward, we would have had you over for lunch. Well I better get back to what I'm suppOSEd to be doing right now...;) Have fun with slightly more daytime freedom!

    ReplyDelete